Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Life is about to get crazy

So with the addition of being pregnant I have realized that our quite simple life is going to get crazy with two kids under 2. Not only are we going to have 2 under the age or 2, we have 4 dogs now. We recently added a golden retriever pup which we named Duke. He is 11 weeks old now, we got him when he was 6 weeks old. Would we have gotten Duke if we had known I would have gotten pregnant right away? NO! Will we be getting rid of Duke just because I am pregnant. No! A lot of people do though. Duke is already attending obedience classes, he has his second class tonight. I am actually hoping to get his Canine Good Citizenship award before the baby is born. I did plan on competing in obedience with him but now I am not so sure that's going to happen this year. But he will be a highly trained dog come time for the baby. He is really a smart dog and I am not going to let that go to waist. He is 11 weeks old and fully potty trained. He hasn't had an accident in the house in weeks. Wish I could say that for the pugs.

A lot of people dump there pets when they get pregnant or have the baby. I hate this. This will not be us. I love that Carter and his little brother or sister is going to grow up with all of these dogs. I can picture it now Carter walking to the park with Duke following right behind him. I know that my children will always have a great bond with our dogs. It can and will work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment