Sunday, March 8, 2009

Lilly or Lincoln

Yup that's what the name is going to be. Lilly if its a girl Lincoln if its a boy. Jim and I fought for 7 months before we picked out the name Carter. It was after all the only named we both agreed on. When I asked him about the name and he said maybe, I knew it was the name it was only name he even said maybe to. That was out of 100's of names. Lilly was our girl name. It was a name Jim and I have both loved, a name we decided to name our little girl before we were even married. When I was pregnant with Carter I found that my cousin Jason and his girlfriend Jen planned on naming there baby Lilly if it was a girl. I was so bummed she was due a couple months before me so I knew she would beat me to the name. When they found out that they were having a boy I was so freaking excited. It was my chance to steal the name I have loved forever. I just wasn't planning on me having a boy too. Jason and Jen's little one is now named Ben not Lilly. As far as I know Jen or anyone else in my family besides my sister in law is pregnant. Lilly is all mine. That is if celly who Jim has now be calling Tad, is a girl.

Lincoln was a name I loved when I was pregnant with Carter. Jim on the other hand wasn't all that in love with it. I have decided that I am just not going to fight with him about it this time. If celly (aka Tad) is a boy its Lincoln. Come on Carter does share his name with a president. Our Carter is Carter James the president is Jimmy Carter. Lincoln fits right. His middle name will not be Abe though.

As for middle names maybe I will leave that up to Jim this time. I didn't have a choice with Carter's middle name.

No comments:

Post a Comment